The following Terms and Conditions apply to our national Professional Learning and Development programme.
1. Close-off date for all course registrations (except for 2-hour free workshops) is two weeks (10 working days) prior to the course.
For short workshops where no fee applies, registrations close one week prior to the course.
2. An Earlybird discount of 20% applies to course fees up to 4 weeks (20 working days) prior to the course date. The exception will be courses offered in Term 1, when the Earlybird fee will apply up to 3 weeks (15 working days) prior to the course. After the Earlybird registrations close, all registrations will incur the Full Course Fee. Both fee levels and close-off dates will be advertised in all course publicity.
3. The invoicing process (which goes through the Finance Department, Department of Internal Affairs) begins following the registration close-off date. If the course invoice has not been received by a school prior to the course date, this will not prevent attendance by those whose registrations have been confirmed.
4. Late registrations: There is no guarantee that late registrations will be accepted. Any person wishing to register for a course after the closing date should contact the adviser managing that course, directly. Contact details may be found on the website on the course description page for their location.
1. All requests for substitution or cancellation must be addressed to the adviser managing that course.
2. The substitution of a different name may be made at any time, with no penalty, if the original registrant is unable to attend.
3. A registration may be cancelled up to 2 weeks (10 working days) prior to a course (i.e. prior to close-off date and invoicing) with no penalty.
4. If a cancellation request is received after registrations have closed, the school will be offered the option to send a substitute. Alternatively the registration fee will be held as a credit against another 2012 course, which the school will be invited to select from the range available.
5. If no substitute registrant is available, or alternative course selected, the school should discuss the question of a refund with the adviser responsible for managing the course, to be considered at the discretion of the National Library of New Zealand.
6. Participants who fail to attend a course without notifying the National Library will forfeit their registration fee, except in an instance of illness, accident or emergency.
1. Services to Schools, National Library, reserves the right to cancel any course because of insufficient registration numbers, or events outside their control.
2. The decision as to whether a course will go ahead or not will be made as soon as registrations close, before invoices are raised. All registrants would be informed.
3. Services to Schools, National Library, reserves the right to change the course facilitator if the need arises. A change of course facilitator is not a cause for refund.
For general questions about the Professional Learning and Development Programme, phone the 0800 LIB LINE – 0800 542 5463.
For questions about a specific course, please phone the adviser who is managing that course in the location nearest you.
1. The policy statements on copyright, and use of our materials applies to all materials used to support our PLD programmes.
2. All course resources and content provided to participants are copyright to the National Library. Further use of these materials in any format by participants must include this attribution.
1. We will retain personal details provided as part of the PLD course registration for the duration of that school year, to enable professional follow-up and support to be provided to each participant, and to facilitate communication.
2. If agreed by each registrant through ticking a box on the registration form, further marketing and promotional material will be sent to ensure schools are aware of ongoing and future professional development opportunities provided by the National Library.
3. We retain personal information for internal use only, and do not pass on personal details of registrants to any outside organisation.
0800 LIB LINE
0800 542 5463
Get help from our advisers using this free phone line