1. Professional Learning and Development courses offered by the National Library are designed to support New Zealand school staff (school librarians and teachers) working in New Zealand schools.
We do not normally accept registrations from overseas, although expressions of interest from expatriate New Zealanders intending to return to NZ may be considered.
2. Close-off date for all course registrations is one week (five working days) prior to the course.
3. Earlybird course fees apply up to 4 weeks (20 working days) prior to the course date. After Earlybird registrations close, all registrations will incur the Full Course Fee. Both fee levels will be advertised in all course publicity.
4. For online courses the minimum number of registrations required for a course to proceed is 15, with the maximum set at 25. If a course becomes full, we may be able to offer a repeat if demand meets or exceeds these required numbers.
5. The invoicing process (which goes through the Finance Department, Department of Internal Affairs) begins immediately following the registration close-off date. If the course invoice has not been received by a school prior to the course date, this will not prevent attendance by those whose registrations have been confirmed.
6. Late registrations: There is no guarantee that late registrations will be accepted. Any person wishing to register for a course after the closing date should contact the facilitator for that course, whose contact details can be found on the course description page.
Registration cancellations and refund policy
1. All requests for substitution or cancellation must be addressed to the course facilitator.
2. The substitution of a different name may be made at any time, with no penalty, if the original registrant is unable to attend.
3. A registration may be cancelled up to one week (five working days) prior to a course (i.e. prior to close-off date and invoicing) with no penalty.
4. If a cancellation request is received after registrations have closed, the school will be offered the option of sending a substitute.
5. If a withdrawal is made within the 5 working days prior to course commencement date, and no substitute registrant is available, a refund will be made less 25% of the total course fee.
6. Participants who fail to attend a course without notifying the National Library will forfeit the course fee, except in an instance of illness, accident or emergency.
7. Participants who register but pull out of an online course even after a short time will forfeit the course fee.
1. Services to Schools, National Library, reserves the right to cancel any course because of insufficient registration numbers, or events outside their control.
2. The decision as to whether a course will go ahead or not will be made as soon as registrations close, before invoices are raised. All registrants would be informed.
3. Services to Schools, National Library, reserves the right to change the course facilitator if the need arises. A change of course facilitator is not a cause for refund.
General questions about the PLD Programme
For general questions about the Professional Learning and Development Programme, phone the 0800 LIB LINE – 0800 542 5463.
For questions about a specific course, please contact the course facilitator.
1. The policy statements on copyright, and use of our materials applies to all materials used to support our PLD programmes.
2. All course resources and content provided to participants are copyright to the National Library. Further use of these materials in any format by participants must include this attribution.
1. We will retain personal details provided as part of the PLD course registration for the duration of that school year, to enable professional follow-up and support to be provided to each participant, and to facilitate communication.
2. If agreed by each registrant through ticking a box on the registration form, further marketing and promotional material will be sent to ensure schools are aware of ongoing and future professional development opportunities provided by the National Library.
3. We retain personal information for internal use only, and do not pass on personal details of registrants to any outside organisation.
Updated January 2015