Online course: 8am Monday 14 August to 5pm Friday 15 September 2017 — 5 Weeks
Early bird fee: $80
Early bird closes: 17 July 2017
Registrations close: 7 August 2017
Course contact: Jeannie Skinner, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register by sending an email to email@example.com with your name and registration information.
- literacy leaders
- school library staff
- Primary / intermediate
This online course will enable you to:
- identify elements of effective home-school reading partnerships
- build a picture of existing home-school reading initiatives in your school
- strengthen existing and plan new initiatives to support reading at home
- play an active role in supporting a robust whole school reading culture.
Course activities include:
- practical activities and tasks, some requiring consultation within your school
- opportunities to assess reading engagement practices within your school
- exploring tips and strategies to encourage home-school reading partnerships
- participating in a collaborative, problem-solving e-workshop
- personal reflection on your learning
- opportunities to share and contribute, working in a Moodle environment, supported throughout by an e-facilitator.