NB: In past years, this course was entitled: Curating content for digital learners: helping students manage information overload. Although the title is new, the content has not changed (apart from some updating).
- Subject teachers
- Syndicate leaders
- Class teachers
- Library staff
- Upper primary / intermediate
- Secondary / composite
This course will enable you to:
- gain a deeper understanding of the concept of content curation, within the broader context of digital fluency
- build an understanding of how content curation can make the best information available to your students
- become familiar with a range of content curation tools, and with the Moodle platform
- create your own content curation project, in a supportive, facilitated online environment
- plan, create and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of your content curation project
Course content includes:
- defining the term 'content curation' within the wider context of digital fluency
- a range of content curation tools and examples for your to explore, enabling you to choose a tool for your own content curation.
- a mix of group and individual online course tasks
- selecting, in consultation with teachers in your school, a relevant topic to use for our content curation
- planning your content curation and beginning to populate it with online content.