Professional Learning and Development
Our Professional Learning and Development Programme has concluded for 2015. The 2016 programme is under development, and we'll post it up before the end of Term 4.
Online learning with Services to Schools
Whether you're new to e-learning or not, we're continuing to develop our menu of online courses to enable you to take part no matter where you are in New Zealand.
Here are some key points about our online courses, especially if you're considering this for the first time:
- Our Professional Development Programme is for New Zealand school library staff and teachers.
- You'll need access to fast broadband and a computer
- Each course requires a time commitment of a minimum of 5 hours a week, for 5 weeks. This weekly commitment will vary to some extent from week to week, and from person to person.
- You can take the course from home or school, whichever is more convenient. It's a good idea not to try and do it while running your school library (if you're the school librarian) as you'll find yourself constantly interrupted. We suggest you discuss your access arrangements with your principal if you plan to do the course in work time.
- Courses are a mix of synchronous (=at the same time) and asynchronous learning. You'll have activities to do each week, including readings or videos to read and view, and some practical tasks, which you can fit in with your other commitments each week. The main thing is to keep up with your course work.
- At times there are some specific deadlines to meet, especially where there's an e-workshop in smaller groups. You'll find all deadline details clearly spelled out in the course.
- You'll be supported throughout the entire course by a skilled e-facilitator, who will be your go-to person if you're struggling.
- Our courses are delivered on Moodle, hosted on the Virtual Learning Network (VLN) provided by the Ministry of Education .
- We're providing technical support and Help documentation, especially if you need help getting started.
- After completing the course, you'll receive a Course completion certificate.
Earlybird discount: 20 percent
The Earlybird discount applies to all registrations received by the stated Earlybird close-off date, four weeks prior to course date, after which the full course fee applies.
Registrations close one week prior to each course. Select your location on the right-hand sidebar, select your desired course, and you can then access the online registration form.
Terms & conditions
The terms and conditions outline our policy on all aspects of course delivery, registration, course cancellation, Copyright and privacy.